Using Games to Drive Behavior Change | A Conversation with Mark Jewell
When was the last time you played a game? Maybe it was a board game with your kids, cards with friends, or a good old fashion round of tag in the yard. Either way, though, I’ll bet you had fun, right!? So here’s a question for you: wouldn’t it be cool if you could make work more fun with games, too?
In this episode, Mark and Amanda talk about the idea of gamification – aka using games to make work and learning more engaging – how it’s used to incentivize customer loyalty, drive sales action, and create behavior change among employees. They talk about:
- The difference between finite and infinite games, and why you might use one over the other
- Gamification lessons from a multi-level marketing company that Mark has put to use in more traditional corporate settings
- The critical components of an effective game
- Ideas for different games you can put to use in your organization
- How MJST is using the idea of games to make personal and professional growth more fun and engaging
Like what you’re hearing? Do us a favor and subscribe and review on iTunes, or your favorite podcast catcher!
And don’t forget…