Finding Light in the Darkness: Living Through Trauma | A Conversation with Keri Kenney
Trauma. It’s something we all go through in life. Whether it’s the loss of a loved one, the end of a relationship, or a medical procedure, we will all experience something traumatic – something that shakes us to our core, leaves us confused, and makes us feel as though we’re lost in the darkness. We may never get over what we’ve experienced…but we can get through it.
Keri Kenney is the owner of Alignment 8 Yoga & Cycle, but her story runs far deeper than health and fitness. In this episode, she and Amanda talk about:
- The tragedy that struck Keri’s life and changed her trajectory forever
- How trauma manifests mentally, emotionally and physically
- The importance of self-care and community after tragedy
- The role physical activity can play in processing trauma
- How Keri has found hope and light in the darkest of times
Keri’s story has had an enormous impact on her community and the people she meets. We hope you find as much inspiration in her authenticity, vulnerability and courage as we have.
Like what you’re hearing? Do us a favor and subscribe and review on iTunes, or your favorite podcast catcher!
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- Alignment 8 Yoga & Cycle – Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Yoga to Transform Trauma
- Mark Jewell Speaking & Training on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Mark Jewell on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat (user: markjamesjewell)
- Amanda Sollman on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat (user: sollmana)