Entrepreneurship and the American Dream | A Conversation with Nitin Chhoda and Mark Jewell
When Dr. Nitin Chhoda immigrated to the United States in 2002, he was penniless and facing an uncertain future in a post-9/11 world. He delivered pizza, slept in his car, and didn’t have money for winter clothes – but he was always willing to hustle to support himself and his family. Since 2007, Nitin has been a licensed physical therapist, entrepreneur, author and public speaker. He now owns and runs several multi-million dollar companies with 30+ employees worldwide, all of whom work from home and live life on their own terms.
Dr. Chhoda is the author of “Total Activation: The 5-Step Fitness Mantra,” a dynamic new approach to weight loss and personal wellness. It is a system modeled in three stages of change: Identity, Compare, Integrate (ICI) and has five components: Emotional, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual (EPSSI).
In this episode, Mark and Nitin explore Nitin’s journey to where he is today, including:
- What it means to hustle – even when you’re staring in the face of literal survival
- Why the difference between a “poverty mindset” and “wealth consciousness” is one of the biggest influencers of success
- A surprising parallel between Mark’s and Nitin’s first businesses involving soda bottles
- The importance of the EPSSI components
- Four questions you can ask your team every day to encourage feedback and growth
- Why Nitin says his three-year-old son is one of his most important mentors
Like what you’re hearing? Don’t forget to subscribe and review on iTunes, or your favorite podcast catcher!