Why “No News is Good News” is a Crappy Management Strategy with Jon Anderson & Wade Johannes
Want your team to be more engaged? Frustrated with bad attitudes or low enthusiasm? Have a sneaking suspicion your employees are avoiding you? Here’s a #protip: quit ignoring your team’s wins!
Way too often, we blow past success and achievement because “that’s your job – it’s just what you’re supposed to do” and any feedback employees get is centered solely on what they screwed up. No wonder your people are unengaged, unenthusiastic, and screen your calls until they know what you want! #spoileralert: it doesn’t have to be that way.
On this episode of The Survivor’s Guide to Thriving Podcast, MJST coaches Jon and Wade are talking all about appreciation, recognition and celebration. They’re uncovering:
- Why we don’t celebrate wins – ours or anyone else’s
- The stories we have to change if we want to hold on to talent and improve employee engagement
- Why we need to shift away from the “no news is good news” approach
- The difference between appreciation and recognition – and why you need both
- How you can celebrate the success of your team in ways that don’t equal $$$
This is not the 1950s – we don’t just show up for work each day, simply happy to have a job and do what we’re told. Now, you can argue with us about whether that’s right, wrong or indifferent, but the truth is still there: the modern workplace has to shift to meet the needs of the modern worker. Some of those needs? Feeling significant, appreciated, valued and important. Start celebrating your wins to help them feel that more often!
Subscribe & Review
Are you subscribed to The Survivor’s Guide to Thriving Podcast? If not, you may be missing out on some really valuable information! Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Really like what we’re doing? We’d be so appreciative if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes! These reviews give us important feedback and help other people find the show.
Don’t use Apple Podcasts? Make sure to subscribe and review in the podcast player you love!
Connect with us online!
- Download the #thrivetoday mobile app from the App Store or Google Play for more great content like this!
- Wade Johannes on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat (user: wadejohannes)
- Jon Anderson on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat (user: jdanderson4274)
- Mark Jewell Speaking & Training on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Mark Jewell on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat (user: markjamesjewell)
- Amanda Sollman on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat (user: sollmana)